The iDentify 2 site has moved to http://identify2.arrmihardies.com
Small update, but I thought I’d get it out there.
Available now through the built in updater, and imminently on MacUpdate
- Nothing new.
- Crashes in IMDB code that occur when entry contains html markup
Thats right! 18 bug and crash fixes! If you are still experiencing issues, LET ME KNOW! I’ve fixed all known crashes! If its crashing on you, I need to know. I can’t fix what I don’t know about. Still a couple small bugs to deal with though. Once All known bugs and crashes are addressed, I’ll get back on to adding new features.
Build 251 is already available via the internal updater, and available soon on MacUpdate.
- Nothing new.
- possible fix for file list not always clearing completely after tagging
- completely re-wrote how images are fundamentally stored
- Fixed crash in image selection code
- crash when a file containing a null albumArtist tag was added
- Problem in debug code that caused all debug messages to appear in console instead of only the intended messages
- more fixes to CNID
- minor adjustments to General tab in edit tab mode to accomodate changes to CNID tag.
- rename formats should now save properly
- endless loop
- completely re-wrote how the artwork was handled in an attempt to avoid crashes
- checks to prevent linked, but non-existent artwork from crashing app.
- changes to core data entity
- prevent file processing from zooming through files and lying about completion
- no longer attempts to post-process files that failed to process
- mysterious multiple callings of chapter retrieval method
- erroneously asking tagchimp for movie info when file is a tv show
- some memory leaks
- Crash when processing under Leopard
If anyone has a google voice invite, id appreciate one! Arrmihardies @t gmail.com
[UPDATE] Already got one! Thanks Thomas!
Lots of fixes in this one….
Available now through the built in updater and soon on MacUpdate.. or just get it here…. iDentify232.zip
- Bunch of new debugging code.
- changes to how iDentify handles adding files, greatly reducing random crashes.
- visual tweaks to the size of the file list
- Crash in tagchimp code.
- Crash in tmdb code.
- crash in chapter retrieval code
- CNID now displayed properly
I know you guys are getting tired of the frequent updates and the crashes lately. I’ve put in place some code in build 224 that should prevent changes in the movie db api from causing crashes. I still need to implement similar protection for the tagchimp and tvdb, but those are less pressing at the moment.
There may be one more update in the pips once I confirm it solves the random crashes that occur when you add many files at once. I’ve been searching for a solution to this one for weeks, and don’t want to wait once I confirm its fixed.
Oh, and a Japanese Mac magazine, “Mac People” wants to include iDentify in a future issue and on the accompanying DVD. Looks like I may have to look into internationalization support.
- Now pulls movie ratings from theMovieDatabase when available
- Added “M.D.” to smart period replacement
- More crashes caused by changes in theMovieDatabase API
- Even more crahses caused by even more changes in theMovieDatabase API, along with code in place to prevent such changes from crashing iDentify in the future.
- Chapter title retrieval now works properly again.
available via the built in updater and on MacUpdate soon.