Home > New Releases > Version 20090101 Available

Version 20090101 Available

This went up on macupdate a couple days ago. I really need to remember to start updating this blog as well. As always, you can get it from the download link on your right.

Version 20090101:

  • Removed some more debug code.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the writers, directors, and producers to not get cleared between files, or each other for that matter.
  • Files are now processed in alphabetical order, instead of the random order provided by Finder.
  • Commands sent to growlnotify are now sent in utf-8 format.
Advertisements
Categories: New Releases
  1. Idea
    January 9, 2009 at 11:30 pm

    Your program looks great. I have a couple of suggestions.

    1) I have most of my shows stored like so:

    \TV Shows\Futurama\Season 11 – Space Pilot 3000

    To use your program effectively, I will have to re-tag everything to either include production codes or so that the show name and season is in the name. It would be great if your program could use the folder names for that information, saving me the effort of re-taging everything

    2) Edit the tags directly rather then writing out to a temporary file

    • identifyapp
      January 10, 2009 at 12:58 am

      1) I didn’t write the Perl module I use to get info fro the file names, but I believe it -should- be doing this, though you may have a filing system it does not account for, in which case, post several examples, and I’ll send them up to the author, and maybe it’ll get included in the next version of the module, at which point I can update iDentify.. Although iDentify would require that both the season and the episode number could be found and identified somewhere in the path or filename. I don’t see any way to discern what episode number an entry is using your system. Both numbers are needed for me to pull the correct info from the TVDB.

      2) Unfortunately, I -have- to write out to a temp file. There is a bug in atomic parsley that causes it to crash when I use both a long description and the overwrite option. So I opted to keep the long description because a) people want their long descriptions, b) the overwrite function is only useful if tags have been written to the file in the past, and this needs to be something more substantial than just the encoding tool tag. Where there isn’t existing space allocated in the file for this overwrite function, atomic parsley would redo the entire file anyways. The way I do it just ensures that I have complete control over what atomic parsley is doing and what it is outputting.

  2. Lined
    January 10, 2009 at 1:17 pm

    Just discovered the program today and it’s fantastic. I just have a question with the TV show lookup. How would one go about getting the information for a program that contains a “:” in the title?

    It would be easy if I could rename the file to that (eg. Batman: The Animated Series or CSI:Miami) but it can’t because its an invalid filename. Is there a workaround for this?

    Keep up the good work, I’ll be recommending this program to others

    • identifyapp
      January 10, 2009 at 1:24 pm

      Funny you should ask. I literally -just- finished working this into the next version.

      What it will be is this: since we can’t use colons in a filename since they are an illegal character. I turned the colon sideways. Two Asterisks ** will be usable in place of colons in the next version. So, you would do, for example: “CSI** Miami”… which iDentify will treat as “CSI: Miami”

      Again, just think of ** as a sideways colon.

  3. Idea
    January 12, 2009 at 10:56 pm

    At the moment it doesn’t appear to be reading the information from folders:

    TVDB Results: Lookup Failed for File:01 – Pilot
    Now Tagging File Number 1 / 1
    File Name: /Users/Shared/TV Shows/The West Wing/Season 1/01 – Pilot.mp4
    TVDB Results: Lookup Failed, Bypassing tagging for this file.

    http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesid=72521&seasonid=4359&id=89332&lid=7

  4. identifyapp
    January 12, 2009 at 11:18 pm

    I’ll give it a look and get back to you. See if the problem is in iDentify or caused by the perl module I’m using.

  5. identifyapp
    January 12, 2009 at 11:28 pm

    just confirmed the problem lies in the module I’m doing to get info from the file name. It seems to think that “Season” is the name of the tv series. I’ll pass it along to that modules author. I’ll update iDentify when a new version of the module is available… He’s usually pretty quick about fixing things… In the meantime if you rename the “Season 1” Directory to just “1” the lookups will work, and you can name it back when you are done.

  6. Idea
    January 13, 2009 at 2:12 am

    Thanks 🙂

  7. identifyapp
    January 14, 2009 at 8:56 pm

    The module’s author just sent me a new version that fixes this. The next version of iDentify will correct this problem with the inclusion of the new module. It’ll probably be out this weekend.

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: