20091125

Just a bugfix release.
Fixed a bug causing “0”s to appear as chapter names when a chapter lookup failed.

I tried (unsuccessfully) all night to fix a bug that would prevent a file from getting a label color applied when it had an apostrophe in its file name. It’s not a huge bug, and I’m not sure I can even fix it at all due to the fact the file name passes through 3 different programming languages before it gets its label applied. I’m not going to spend any more time on this minor bug. I’m sure you would all agree that the time would be better spent on the next incarnation of iDentify. I’ve spent the past couple weeks learning cocoa (and I’m still only half way through my book) and putting the UI together with the knowledge I’ve gathered thus far. Its turning out pretty nice, and will be written in pure cocoa, instead of the mix of 3 or 4 different languages. Once I get a few more steps in (need to learn more about core data) I’ll post up some screen shots.

Advertisements
  1. Chris B
    November 27, 2009 at 5:08 am

    Thank you! Yes, the labeling bug is minor compared to the chapter titles problem, so I can live with the label bug. I know how frustrating it is to have some strange bug that you can’t quite track down why it is happening. Thank you again for an awesome tool!

  2. identifyapp
    November 27, 2009 at 8:18 am

    Oh, I know exactly where and why it is happening. I just can’t seem to correct it.

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: